This is the latest post in a blog series here at bbotx that highlights what happened in the Internet of Things world during the past month.
- In 2015, businesses jumped on the IoT bandwagon without strategic vision or plan. Tech Week Europe explains how in 2016, M2M will help create a more strategic approach to the internet of things.
- “Embedding a smart chip inside a gadget doesn’t necessarily make it a smart idea,” explains SF Gate. Here is their selection of some of the most useless IoT gadgets of the year.
- The digital economy is expected to grow ten-fold by 2030. This article from Digitalist explains how the IoT is enabling knowledge to be shared more efficiently, as well as accelerating innovation.
- Data produced by the industrial IoT is becoming more actionable and immediate, explains EP&T. The IIoT is an enabler, identifying maintenance issues before they become a major problem.
- Bonus: Consumer products rarely, if ever, become enterprise technologies. bbotx Co-Founder and Lead Technologist Geoff Kratz explains what is stopping the shift from consumer to enterprise.
What other articles about the IoT space caught your interest this month? Let us know on twitter at @bbotx or in the comment section below.