This is the latest post in a blog series here at bbotx that highlights what happened in the Internet of Things world during the past month.
- The Industrial Internet of Things goes beyond the hype of wearables and other consumer devices – it offers significant potential value for manufacturers and other industrial organizations. This article from the International Society of Automation describes those many components encompassed by the IIoT.
- This particular technology revolution – the Internet of Things – is a real revolution. In this article from Manufacturing Business Technology, manufacturing is cited as being at the forefront of this revolution, with 35% of U.S. manufacturers already enhancing their processes through the IoT.
- 2015 has been a year of reports and studies predicting the massive impact that the IoT will have on the world’s economy. However, as pointed out in this article from IoT Journal, the players in the industrial sector will the highest return on investment.
- With so many acronyms and terminology flying around, it can be difficult to know what it all means. In this Plant Engineering article, two industry professionals break down what the IIoT means and how it differentiates from the IoT.
- At bbotx, we think that the hype of the IoT has the wrong emphasis. Check out this blog post by CEO Paul Hanson in which he describes how the driving force that will push the IoT ahead into really big numbers will be the Industrial Internet of Things.
What other articles caught your interest about the IoT space this month? Let us know on twitter at @bbotx or in the comment section below.